Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010 - Breakfast

I was feeling good this morning when I put two eggs in a pot of water to boil for ten minutes. No runny eggs here. I then slid two slices of multi-grain bread into the toaster and pressed the lever down. I couldn't find the spray butter that I know I have at least two bottles of. Our fridge is a black whole - food goes in, and may never come out.

Ten minutes passed, and I took the pot off the stove and ran cold water over the eggs to cool them. Easy peel today. Then I sprinkled the eggs with sea salt and freshly-ground Malabar pepper. I placed the toast slices on my sunshine plate, next to the perfectly-white eggs, and sat down to enjoy my breakfast. The eggs were perfect. The yolks were solid but soft. A deep, golden yellow. The toast was tasty, but dry (where IS that spray butter?)

Oh, I forgot to mention the McDonald's sausage biscuit I picked up on the way to work. I had to put gas in the car, and McDonald's was next door. I thought it would be nice to get a Diet Coke for the morning, and the next thing I know I have ordered a biscuit to wash down with that Diet Coke. Oh well. It was tasty, and it could have been worse. I could have ordered two biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment